Saturday, May 23, 2009

Random early shots from the garden - most from April

Our first tomato - which, Lowell ate immediately after it turned red. Because he happened to be standing next to me when I saw it and said, "Ah, this one if ready for eatin'"....My mistake. Of course, after scarfing down the first one, he figured the others must be ready too, not thinking about the color, and managed to chomp down half a rock-hard, green tomato despite my protests. Many, many protests. Luckily, he left the other unmolested...until this past Thursday, when he heard me from across the garden telling his dad we had a ripe one. Next thing I know, Lowell is right beside me and grabs it, and into his mouth it goes. I picked another red one today and we have four more on the way in the next couple of days. Hopefully Ian and I will actually be able to eat them ourselves. Otherwise, I'm not too worried because the Roma plant is covered in tomatoes just waiting to ripen!



No comments:

Post a Comment